Saturday, December 17, 2005

Short Note Re the Holidays

What is all this nonsense about how one speaks of the holidays? Silly me, I always thought that common etiquette and common sense dictated what one wished others during the season. If I am Christian, I shall naturally wish you a Merry Christmas, and expect nothing more in return than the same, or some equally felicitous reply. If I am Jewish, and I wish someone a Happy Hanukkah, I do not want an unkind response. If my pagan heart is moved to wish you a Merry Yule, do not burn a cross on my lawn. The happy coincidence of several holidays occurring at once should bring more joy to the season.

Enjoy yourselves, people!

Unless you truly find pleasure in being a horse's ass.

1 comment:

MadameBoffin said...

Absolutely :) (And if I was living in the 70's, I'd be saying "Right On!)