Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Baking, Baking, Baking...

So, tomorrow I get to make four batches of brownies for the drama club. I could be like all the other mommies, and buy a brace of brownie mix, or order out from the grocery store bakery department.

But this is me, the Savage Chef, that we are talking about. I just happen to have developed the world's best brownie recipe. To make it, you need something called Black Cocoa, which is available from http://shop.bakerscatalogue.com/items/.

Because I am a merciful Goddess of Cuisine, here is the recipe:



Savage Chef's Cocoa Brownies


Melt 1 c. unsalted butter. Stir in 1/4 t. salt. Or, just save yourself the trouble and leave off the salt and use regular butter. Do not use margarine, or I will hunt you down and kill you like the filthy little reptile that you are.

Stir in 3/4 c. regular cocoa (I prefer Hersheys) and 3 T. black cocoa (see above URL).

Also stir in 2 t. vanilla extract and 2 c. sugar.

Beat 2 eggs, and stir them in.

Stir in 1 c. flour.

If you like nuts, stir in 1 c. walnuts or pecans or whatever, or some chocolate chips or whatever you litte heart desires. Scrape into a greased 8" pan and cook at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes, or 50 minutes with the chocolate chips added.

No comments: