Friday, April 14, 2006

There Should Be a Song

In my house (The Big Pink Pile O' Stucco) there is a little room. It has no door-- it is more of an alcove off the front room. When I saw it, I knew its purpose. Grumpy got to work with the wood and the saw and so forth, time marched on, and the little room became our library. Every time I go in there, I feel good.

I lie. I do not feel "good." I feel touched by God.

It is the place where The Books live. Can I possibly make you understand how happy this little room makes me? I sit on the little loveseat with the cheesy purple velvet slipcover and I stare at my precious paper babies. Sometimes, a teeny bit of drool falls from my lips onto the book that I hold in my blessed hands.

Books. Beautiful collections of words.

I want to kiss them. I want to eat them.

Okay. I guess I know who is going to be sitting alone at lunch tomorrow. I don't care. I have books.

I'm sorry.

(Not really.)

I can't help it.

They are so beautiful!

No comments: