Tuesday, June 06, 2006

666 and a Devilish Fudge Sauce

Happy End of the World Day! Won't you join me in drinking a steaming glass of brimstone punch? Take a deep breath. Smell the sulfur! Isn't the inferno gorgeous this time of year?

Today is my father's birthday. 6-6-6. I am the daughter of the Beast. So today, I think I should do something special. Maybe bake an oleander cake, frost it in shining black, and decorate it with bat's blood. Or maybe I will kidnap the neighbor's yappy little ratdog, remove its heart with a nail file, and fry it up in some rendered baby fat.

Nah.

Maybe I will just drink rum and grapefruit until my eyes cross, then make the Savage Chef black cocoa brownies that appeared here on March 22nd. After all, they are nice and dark. As dark as my evil heart, heh-heh...

You know what would be even better? Brownies sundaes, topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce!


Savage Chef Hot Fudge Sauce


2 c. heavy cream

6 oz. butter

Melt, then bring to a low simmer.

Add and whisk to dissolve:

1-1/3 c. white sugar

1-1/3 c. dark brown sugar

Reduce heat to very low and whisk in:

2 c. cocoa

1 t. vanilla extract


Do not let the mixture come to a boil!

Keep whisking until it is no longer lumpy.


This hot fudge sauce is so good that you will have to restrain yourself from eating it all with a spoon (or your bare hands) right then and there.

It freezes well too, and some bad, bad people have been known to eat it straight out of the freezer like it was candy.

No comments: