Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down

A little less than four years ago, I got internet access. I had never wanted it before. Maybe because of the lingering horror of September 11th, I suddenly had a need to feel connected to the rest of the world. Of course since then, I have used the internet as a shopping mall, the world's biggest reference library, and as a back-fence chat hangout. Ah yes, the chat forums...

I registered on several forums that interested me, but there were two at which I spent a lot of time; perhaps too much time. Now, one of those message boards is no more, yanked out from underneath its increasingly bitchy, feuding participants by the understandably peeved owner. The other sems to be dying slowly; perhaps it will rally, go into remission. I hope so, but I find myself unable to work up a great deal of enthusiasm about the possibility. For me, the ride is over. They're turning out the lights over the midway. It's time to move on.

I am here on blogspot because of a very funny lady who posted on the now-dead forum. Until I read about her blog, I didn't know that there were free sites on which to post your mental meanderings. Welcome to my new addiction, I guess. Goodbye chat forums, hello blogging. By the way, my spell-check does not recognize "blog" or "blogging." Then again, it didn't recognize "Wiccan." It thought I wanted to type "Incan." Is there that much similarity in their rituals? I don't think so.

No comments: