Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Savage Chef Was Cooking Tonight

Shrimp done the Scampi style and such, but the 1000 Island dressing for the salad was sooo much better than the sugary slime one gets at the grocery.

It is lazy-girl-easy, too!



Well, just because I like you:



Thousand Island Dressing


1 c. mayonnaise--yeah I know how to make it, but I used Best Foods. Sue me, bitches!

1/4 c. chili sauce--seriously, who besides freaks like myself buy this? Don't know. Don't care.

1 sieved or very-small-minced hard boiled egg

2 T. tiny-minced onion

1/2 c. tiny-minced celery (I did some of the leaves, too. I am sooo about the flavor!)

2 T. tiny green, pimento-stuffed olives, minced tiny (worked out to about 8 of them suckers)

2 T. Cornichons, minced tiny (wee picklets, gotten at Cost Plus-I used 4)

2 T. fresh parsley, chopped tiny

2 t. fresh lemon juice

1/4 t. salt

1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper

Whomp them all together. Voila!



And lots of wine and rum and juice. Yes.

No comments: