Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Blue Jean Blues

So, today this young girl asked us older women, "How can I make my jeans look all frayed and thready?"

I remember having to work on jeans before wearing them. We used to wear them to the beach, wade into the ocean, let the sun bake them dry on our legs, rub them with sand, repeat as necessary.

This was back in prehistoric days, when jeans were dark blue, as stiff as tin, and you had to buy them several sizes too large to end up with a good fit.

Kids are so spoiled today, I swear! (snicker)

Seriously though, most of the jeans I see for sale nowadays are already frayed, faded and thready, with holes in them and all. No wonder I have to buy my 16 year old daughter new jeans all the time. The jeans are already completely pooped out when the kids get them!

signed, Granny Savage. (sigh.)

P.S. We'd also have rather been beat with the nerd stick at student assembly before buying pre-embroidered and decorated jeans. That stuff was personal!

No comments: