Saturday, June 03, 2006

Politics, Drama, and Mother Love

Ooh! Upon reading the mail, I see yet another example of how we mommies look after our cubs. It seems that one of our local political candidates was unfairly attacked in print by an opponent, and by golly, her momma just wasn't going to stand for that, no sir! I hope I am not violating any copyright laws by printing this excerpt from the candidate's mailer. *


--------------


Dear Friend,

My daughter Brenda told me not to worry about it. The nasty political attacks don't bother her. In fact, coming as they do from a politician like Jim ----s, she isn't really surprised--she says she expected it all along.

But I'm her mother--I have to say it bothers me when someone I love is attacked so unfairly. So I insisted she let me personally write you this letter.

---------------------------


**here the letter goes on about a lot of pertinent and uninteresting local stuff**


The good mama closes with:

------------


Brenda's father served his county (sic) proudly in the United States Army. Just before he passed away, he told Brenda, "In your heart, you always know what is right."

So now I couldn't be prouder that Brenda is doing what is right. Her father would be proud, also.


Sincerely,
(the real name of Brenda's mom)
---------------------
So, is that a classic that brings a tear to your eye, or what?
I don't know about you, but I sure need another bourbon!
$$$
*Actually, I don't give a rat's ass if I am.*

No comments: